Access to 'cold' files from storage? - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Access to ‘cold’ files from storage?

post by techtruth on Mar 16, 2025

techtruth
Mar 2025

Posting to ask if this has been considered. If there is a better avenue for this kind of request, please point me there. 🙂

I (recently started to) use lambda instances for stable diffusion image generation. This involves uploading and downloading large model files and other bits. My internet is fast, but not very fast, and some of my workflow is just waiting for my file transfer to complete before I turn off the instance.

Has ‘cold’ file download from storage spaces been considered? If I could click to download individual files of offline instances, it would be a handy thing for me.

I do realize that would end up with me paying less for the instance… But maybe it costs credits to download the files by size too, to offset that. Whatever business logic dictates there. But having the instance offline and a file downloading 'from the web would be very nice for me. 🙂

Thanks!

48 views

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Downloading speed is slow on H100, only ~70MB/s
Technical Help
4 1.8k Apr 2025
How to speed up the launch of calculations? 1 66 Aug 2025
Local storage to keep data
Technical Help
1 965 Mar 2023
Cheapest way to upload data into the filesystem with slow upload bandwidth
Technical Help
3 356 Aug 2025
Uploading large amounts of data
Technical Help
3 1.3k Jan 2025