Black screen after upgrade Nvidia driver - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Black screen after upgrade Nvidia driver
post by ahbon on Sep 22, 2020
I have installed Pop!OS on my tensorbook, after Nvidia drivers automatically updated, now my laptop is nearly complete died. When I restart the laptop, it turns to black screen, then overheating with loud sound, finaly it seems shut down.
I have also pressed F2 or ESC, it doesn’t work out anyway.
Please help. Thanks a lot.
post by sabalaba on Sep 27, 2020
I would just install Ubuntu 20.04 and then Lambda Stack on top of it. That is the recommended OS & software stack combination for TensorBooks.
After your Ubuntu 20.04 install just do this, it should fix all of your problems:
LAMBDA_REPO=$(mktemp) &&
wget -O${LAMBDA_REPO} https://lambdalabs.com/static/misc/lambda-stack-repo.deb &&
sudo dpkg -i ${LAMBDA_REPO} && rm -f ${LAMBDA_REPO} &&
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y lambda-stack-cuda
sudo reboot after that finishes.
post by ahbon on Sep 27, 2020
Thanks. The problem found, one of memory cards is broken. Is it possible I get the free replacement? I bought the laptop last year.
post by sabalaba on Sep 27, 2020
For parts replacement, email support@lambdalabs.com.