Booting to black screen - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Booting to black screen
post by ricky on Dec 18, 2019
I installed the lambda stack on a system with ubuntu 18.04 server and a 2080 ti gpu. When I restart by the reboot command, the system boots into a black screen. If I then hit the reset switch, it reboots, shows the grub boot screen and continues to a black screen. If I power cycle then the system boots normally.
This is a fresh install. The system reboots normally before I install the lambda stack. The boot to black problem happens with both the desktop and server versions of 18.04.
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nvidia-nouveau.conf contains
blacklist nouveau
options nouveau modeset=0
suggestions?
1.5k views
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Ubuntu 18.04 shows a black screen after boot | 6 | 6.8k | Nov 2020 |
| Ubuntu 18.04 Lambda Stack Freezes on Boot | 3 | 3.1k | Mar 2020 |
| Tensorbook reboot and show black | 4 | 4.5k | Mar 2019 |
| Cannot boot Ubuntu 22.04 | 1 | 1.7k | Sep 2022 |
| Black screen after upgrade Nvidia driver | 3 | 2.2k | Sep 2020 |