Can not keep pace with Pytorch - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Can not keep pace with Pytorch
post by hode on Jul 22, 2021
I need to use Ubuntu 18.04 and run latest Pytorch on it. The lowest cuda version for the latest Pytorch 1.9.0 is 10.2. But it seems the highest cuda version Lambda stack support for Ubuntu 18,04 is 10.0. I tried to upgrade to 10.2 but can not. Can lambda stack update the cuda version to 10.2 or 11.0? Thanks.
post by rneely on Feb 10, 2022
How can I update to the latest (or at least a more recent) version of PyTorch with Lambda Stack? On 2022.02.10 PyTorch is up to 1.10.2 and CUDA up to 11.3 per Start Locally | PyTorch.
I’ve a Lambda Labs Tensorbook. I tried upgrading my lambda stack with:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
That succeeded. However
python3 -c "import torch;print(torch.__version__);print(torch.cuda.is_available());print(torch.cuda.get_device_name(torch.cuda.current_device()));"
outputs
1.6.0
True
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design
which reveals the lambda-stack is using PyTorch 1.6.
Additionally
vcc --version
outputs
vcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2019 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Wed_Oct_23_19:24:38_PDT_2019
Cuda compilation tools, release 10.2, V10.2.89
which shows CUDA 10.2 in use.
Please help. I at least need Pytorch 1.8.
post by markd on Mar 4, 2022
Hi!
- I am guessing you are on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
- So you can upgrade to 20.04 LTS
(Ubuntu 22.04 releases around April).
$ python3 -c “import torch;print(torch. version);print(torch.cuda.is_available());print(torch.cuda.get_device_name(torch.cuda.current_device()));”
1.10.1
True
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
- You can use python venv, docker, virtualenv, or anaconda to run newer versions.
I have write ups on how to run newer tensorflow, 2.7 + CUDA 11, on ubuntu 18.04 with docker or venv
And a blog on the Anaconda use for that.
I cannot upload a text document to attach here. But I am open to sharing it, they worked for me and another person that needed that. And I could quick adapt that to pytorch.