Can not login, it shows black screen - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Can not login, it shows black screen

post by rae on Jun 3, 2022

I am using the newest lambda tensorbook razer.

I tried to login but it shows black screen.

I created a new account and I am able to log in with the new one.

post by rae on Jun 3, 2022

Perhaps I have to reinstall Ubuntu.

How can I enter BIOS?

post by markd on Jun 7, 2022

If the new account works, it is likely you have something setup wrong in your local account startup files.

Most likely it is your ‘~/.bashrc’ (example: ls -l ~rae/.bashrc)

To see other ‘dot’ files: ls -ld ~/.*

You could use ‘diff’ to see the difference between your .bashrc and the one in your new account.

diff ~/.bashrc ~rae/.bashrc

Or if something is accessing the default terminal, commonly you can use:

control-alt-F1 (or the Control-alt-[F1 - F6] to change to other terminals).

Mark

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
New lambda tensorbook boots to black screen in Ubuntu and hangs; boots fine to Windows 8 4.0k Jul 2021
Lambda Quad: Login loop. I can’t log in, but I’m entering correct password 8 6.7k Jan 2018
Tensorbook reboot and show black 4 4.5k Mar 2019
Ubuntu desktop unable to load after a fresh linux install on the Tensorbook 1 1.5k Aug 2018
Ubuntu 18.04 shows a black screen after boot 6 6.8k Nov 2020