Connection Failed - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Connection Failed

post by Adrian_Keister on Nov 8, 2018

Trying to install the stack on Ubuntu 18.04 using the usual script. I’m consistently getting this error:

Err:1 http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 libnppig9.0 amd64 9.0.176.2-3
Connection failed [IP: 52.218.204.43 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu/pool/main/n/nvidia-cuda-toolkit/libnppig9.0_9.0.176.2-3_amd64.deb
Connection failed [IP: 52.218.204.43 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Neither suggestion works, and I get the same Connection failed error.

Any ideas?

post by Adrian_Keister on Nov 9, 2018

Update: Kept trying, and eventually it succeeded. Perhaps the server needs better uptime?

post by sabalaba on Nov 12, 2018

That’s a bit surprising because the “server” is s3. I’ll look into this.

post by Adrian_Keister on Nov 12, 2018

Great, thanks! I’ll look forward to your reply.

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Lambda stack installation error 3 3.8k May 2020
404 Not Found [IP: 52.218.209.35 80] 2 1.5k Nov 2018
Issue with the Lambda Stack Docker build / problems fetching from lambdalabs 0 2.2k Mar 2020
Labdastack archive 403 4 337 Apr 2024
Problem installing lambda stack: Failed to fetch python3-tensorflow-cuda 1 2.1k Jan 2021