CUDA NVIDIA NVML Driver/Library version mismatch - update-initramfs -u not working - old kernel version - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

CUDA NVIDIA NVML Driver/Library version mismatch - update-initramfs -u not working - old kernel version

post by sabalaba on May 15, 2018

If a simple sudo reboot doesn’t work, you’ll need to make sure you can successfully update your initramfs and, if you can’t, install the required versions of the linux kernel to do so.

This tutorial will walk you through the process of updating your kernel and fixing this error.


post by stefanheyer on Jun 27, 2018

Reboot didn’t work for me. I still get:

ImportError: libcurand.so.8.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could you provide a link to the tutorial?

Thank you!

EDIT: original installation didn’t work as --allow-downgrade command was required (probably I already had newer version of CUDA installed). I am rerunning the installation with --allow-downgrade. I will report if it works,

EDIT: nope doesn’t work