Desktop intermittent blurring - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Desktop intermittent blurring

post by alanpmuscat on Jan 28, 2019

I just received a new TensorBook just over a month ago. I have been experiencing some strange graphics behavior. After an hour or so of use all open windows, dock, dash, basically everything on the desktop starts to intermittently blur at irregular intervals varying from under a second to a couple of seconds. Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you have a fix? Thanks.

post by sabalaba on Jan 29, 2019

Can you take a photo next time it happens and post it here?

post by alanpmuscat on Jan 30, 2019

Dear Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I solved the intermittent blurring problem by opening the NVidia X Server Settings Application going to Antialiasing Settings and un-selecting Enable FXAA. However I am now experiencing momentary freezing of the whole screen every so often (around once every Hour). When it unfreezes Ubuntu actually detects an internal error related to the gnome-shell and generates an error report. I always send the report in.

Regards,

Alan.

post by sabalaba on Feb 1, 2019

Not sure about your exact configuration but you can always try and re-install Ubuntu 18.04 to get a more stable build:

How to re-install Ubuntu 18.04 on a tensorbook

That tutorial can help with that.