Folding @ Home Help - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Folding @ Home Help

post by eleuthera on Jun 22, 2020

Hi, I’ve been donating GPU cycles via my Tensorbook to a distributed computing project and I’ve been surprised at the poor results. Many of my coworkers with RTX2070’s are churning through the calculations faster than me. Whenever I look, for some reason my GPU only shows 30-40% busy. Is there any tuning you could recommend that would improve this?

https://foldingathome.org/


post by sabalaba on Sep 18, 2020

Are you plugged into the wall? A desktop 2070 will draw significantly more power than a Max-Q (mobile) version. When your laptop is not plugged in the Max-Q throttles even more. Not sure why you’re only seeing 30-40% utilization, do your friends see 90%+?

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Experiencing some technical issues with my new TensorBook 6 3.9k Mar 2019
Tensorbook Max fan issues and battery usage 7 4.8k Jul 2019
Lambda Tensorbook running extreamly slow with Ubuntu 2022 or 2023 10 1.5k Nov 2023
TensorBook experiences 2 7.8k Mar 2020
GPU thermal anomaly detection: validating R_theta metric for cooling degradation 0 86 Jun 2