GH200 PyTorch installation failure - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
GH200 PyTorch installation failure
post by isaac on Feb 20, 2025
When I run the commands here, I get ERROR: No matching distribution found for torch.
python -m venv vllm-env
source vllm-env/bin/activate
python -m pip install -U pip setuptools wheel
pip install --pre torch --index-url https://download.pytorch.org/whl/nightly/cu124
Requirement already satisfied: pip in ./vllm-env/lib/python3.10/site-packages (22.0.2)
Collecting pip
Downloading pip-25.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (1.8 MB)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 1.8/1.8 MB 50.7 MB/s eta 0:00:00
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in ./vllm-env/lib/python3.10/site-packages (59.6.0)
Collecting setuptools
Using cached setuptools-75.8.0-py3-none-any.whl (1.2 MB)
Collecting wheel
Using cached wheel-0.45.1-py3-none-any.whl (72 kB)
Installing collected packages: wheel, setuptools, pip
Attempting uninstall: setuptools
Found existing installation: setuptools 59.6.0
Uninstalling setuptools-59.6.0:
Successfully uninstalled setuptools-59.6.0
Attempting uninstall: pip
Found existing installation: pip 22.0.2
Uninstalling pip 22.0.2:
Successfully uninstalled pip 22.0.2
Successfully installed pip-25.0.1 setuptools-75.8.0 wheel-0.45.1
Looking in indexes: https://download.pytorch.org/whl/nightly/cu124
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement torch (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for torch
post by Type11 on Sep 30, 2025
Did you ever get this working? It took me a bit, but I finally got the stable version of PyTorch, Triton, and vLLM working. I used to have to build from nightly because they were the only ones with aarch64 builds. Also, Lambda has their own build you can pull over to your venv a little trickery and symlinks will work in a pinch.