How do you open tensorbook case - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
How do you open tensorbook case
post by j_molineux on May 18, 2022
I have an older Tensorbook laptop. Recently it has started having problems booting. I suspect the CMOS battery has failed. I tried to remove the back cover by removing the screws and gently prying. The case gets hung up by the ethernet port and the USB ports. Is there something else I need to remove to be able to remove the case? I didn’t see any more screws that might be holding the case together.
post by markd on May 18, 2022
There are about 11 screws in the back. Then I gently separate around the edges of the case. Placement is slightly different depending on which generation of the tensorbook 2020, 2021.
There is not a separate CMOS battery, to reset the CMOS.
- Power off
- Unplug
- Remove the 13 screws and separate around the edges. (You do need to gently pry them two halves apart and move around as it separates).
- Unplug the main battery
- I would hit the power button to just discharge any power
Then: 6. Plug the battery back in 7. Clip the halves back together 8. Put the screws back in. 9. Power up
post by pb816 on Oct 14, 2025
Coming across this thread three years later… The tensorbook battery has gone bad and I’m trying to replace it. Same problem as described - the edges separate except for the areas under the ports on both right and left side. Hoping someone who has done this before can leave some tips on how they got the case to separate… thanks!