Inference API error: "model ID was not provided" - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Inference API error: “model ID was not provided”
post by benjismith on Apr 17, 2025
I tried calling the inference API with the following curl…
curl -sS https://api.lambda.ai/v1/completions \
-H "Authorization: Bearer <REDACTED>" \
-H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-d '{
"model": "llama-4-scout-17b-16e-instruct",
"prompt": "Computers are",
"temperature": 0
}'
…but this resulted in the following response:
{"message":"model ID was not provided","type":"invalid_request_error"}
The model ID is definitely right there in the request… so what should I do?
post by stmcginnis on Apr 23, 2025
I’m not able to reproduce this failure. Are you still getting this error?
The only thing I can think of would be if your API key is invalid and this is a misleading error as a result of that. But I believe in that case you should be getting back an “unauthorized” error message.