Is Lambda a good place to get started? - Deep Learning: Getting Started - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Is Lambda a good place to get started?
post by FK1709 on Mar 28, 2023
Hello,
I’ve been teaching myself for the past year on how to use Python, I don’t have a desktop so I’ve been using an AWS EC2 as a remote desktop through Android. I’m starting to dabble in PyTorch and TensorFlow but the EC2 instance I’m using doesn’t support GPU and what Amazon is offering is unaffordable for me. I’m slowly working on getting a cheap 2nd hand laptop to tinker on but I’ve randomly stumbled across Lambda and saw they’re offering much less but I’m not sure if it’s ok for my use case.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask BTW and many apologies for the bad English.
Thanks.
post by trm on Apr 1, 2023
From a performance viewpoint I’m happy with the Tensorbook. Good enough to train smaller models. Build quality so-so, the screen fell out one day, but Duck tape always works.
post by trm on Apr 1, 2023
BTW I’m using both PyTorch and Tensorflow for from-scratch training as well as transfer learning on Ubuntu 22.04LTS.