Is libnvcuvid.so missing from cloud instances? - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Is libnvcuvid.so missing from cloud instances?
post by cudawarped on Jan 27, 2023
I would expect to find libnvcuvid.so inside /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ but its not there, is it missing or in another location?
post by cody_b on Feb 3, 2023
NVCUVID is used for video applications. Lambda GPU Cloud is oriented toward Machine Learning (ML) applications. For that reason, NVCUVID isn’t preinstalled on instances.
That being said, there’s nothing preventing you from installing it.
post by cudawarped on Feb 4, 2023
OK that makes sense I guess I just expected it to be there as it's part of the driver.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Lambda Stack and non-python based applications and frameworks | 1 | 1.6k | Sep 2022 |
| cuDNN Install w/ Lambda Stack | 1 | 1.7k | Sep 2022 |
| OpenCV in lambda-stack - non-gpu? | 1 | 1.8k | Jan 2021 |
| Where is /usr/local/cuda? | 5 | 8.8k | Oct 2022 |
| Fresh 20.04.1 LTS + Lambda Stack - libcudnn_adv_train.so.8 | 3 | 2.8k | Apr 2021 |