Issue with PyTorch dependency - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Issue with PyTorch dependency

post by sindri on Mar 24, 2021

Hi, I’ve just recently been introduced with lambda stack, ever since I got access to a newly installed gpu server.

when using PyTorch, wherever I try to call backward() while training a model on a GPU I get the following error message after my program crashes.

Could not load library libcudnn_cnn_train.so.8. Error: libcudnn_ops_train.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please make sure libcudnn_cnn_train.so.8 is in your library path!

Aborted (core dumped)

could someone please help me understand what is going on?

1.5k views

post by rhuddleston on May 11, 2021

Can you find the library anywhere on your system?

post by sindri on May 11, 2021

I eventually asked the professor in charge of the server to update, and restart the server which resolved my issue. before that he suggest I post my issue here first.

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Could not load library libcudnn_adv_train.so.8 error on lambda workstation 5 7.1k Sep 2022
Fresh 20.04.1 LTS + Lambda Stack - libcudnn_adv_train.so.8 3 2.8k Apr 2021
Lambda Stack - CUDNN 8 Upgrade Query 8 4.7k Apr 2021
Updated Lambda Stack and now have a PyTorch CuDNN version mismatch Error [resolved] 5 3.9k Dec 2018
VRAM-hungry LSTM monster 6 1.8k Jun 2022