Lambda Blade: Installing Red Hat EL7 (RHEL7) - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Lambda Blade: Installing Red Hat EL7 (RHEL7)

post by jae on Feb 27, 2018

I plan to re-install operating system. Does Blade system work with redhat el 7 without additional network card drivers? Or, any other special drivers needed? Would Ubuntu 16 install fine on the Blade machine without any additional 3rd party drivers required?

post by sabalaba on Feb 28, 2018

Yes, you wouldn’t need any additional 3rd party drivers to install CentOS, Red Hat (RHEL), or Ubuntu. However, after installing the OS, you will need to re-install the NVIDIA graphics drivers, CUDA, libcuda, TensorFlow, etc. The Deep Learning stack isn’t a part of any of these Operating Systems.

Does that answer your question?

post by djlogan on Oct 23, 2019

Hi,

On my current Lambda Labs machine, it runs Ubuntu. I would like to instead install Redhat (RHEL7 is my organization’s supported Linux flavor). After wipe and RHEL install, interpreting the above comment, would all I need to do is re-install the Lambda Stack, i.e. Lambda Stack: an AI software stack that's always up-to-date ?

Thanks!