Lambda Stack CUDA and Nvidia drivers - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Lambda Stack CUDA and Nvidia drivers

post by jasonheffner on Sep 15, 2022

Are there any plans to update the CUDA and NVIDIA drivers to the latest? The current version we have been able to install for 20.04 has been 11.6 and Nvidia driver version 510.47.03 from the Lambda Stack repos. The installed Nvidia driver has a security vulnerability (CVE-2022-31608) which we would like to remove.

post by cody_b on Sep 22, 2022

The latest driver should be available from the Lambda Stack repo in the next 12-24 hours.

post by cody_b on Sep 22, 2022

The latest driver was uploaded just now.

post by jasonheffner on Sep 22, 2022

Thanks so much! This saves us so much time. I verified the new Nvidia driver version 515.65.01 with CUDA 11.7

post by brian on Nov 29, 2022

How do we upgrade the CUDA version using Lambda Stack? A new instance has 11.6, and I tried:


sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot

but still:

nvcc -V
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2022 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Tue_Mar__8_18:18:20_PST_2022
Cuda compilation tools, release 11.6, V11.6.124
Build cuda_11.6.r11.6/compiler.31057947_0

post by brian on Nov 29, 2022

In case there’s an alternate approach - while going through the steps at Fine tuning Stable Diffusion v2.0 with DreamBooth

I run in to:

    The detected CUDA version (11.6) mismatches the version that was used to compile
    PyTorch (11.7). Please make sure to use the same CUDA versions.

I wonder if re-compiling pytorch may be the solution?

post by cody_b on Dec 3, 2022

Can you post the output of sudo apt-get update?

post by Karun on Mar 13, 2024

Yes I also want to upgrade Cuda to 12.1 and compatible torch version.

As per this Nvidia Official Drivers | NVIDIA

We can upgrade the driver via the above link and the torch via the pytorch.org page

Is there a lambda-stack way to upgrade them?

post by Karun on Mar 13, 2024

Problem is solved.

Since via

sudo apt-get remove lambda-stack-cuda && sudo apt-get install lambda-stack-cuda

This failed in the middle due to interruption and I have to do

sudo dpkg --configure -a and reissue the above install of lambda-stack-cuda.

This went through, I rebooted the system and all are up to date.