Login loop on encrypted harddrive - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Login loop on encrypted harddrive

post by abduallah on Feb 1, 2018

Hi,

I had the common login loop problem, after debugging it’s a bug due to nvidia driver itself,

I tried a couple of fixes, but no hope, till the machine (4x gtx 1080 Ti) had a complete failure, after removing the nvidia drivers then installing it as part of the solution.

In order to operate the machine now, I had to:

  1. Enter the machine in recovery mode
  2. Choose the root option
  3. Remount the disk in read write mode
  4. Exit this root mode
  5. Choose continue to normal running
  6. Enter the encryption password
  7. run: sudo init 3
  8. Now I have a simple GUI
  9. Edit DNS records so I can connect to the Internet.

Now, I really wanna restore the normal GUI and login to the system.

Thanks

post by sabalaba on Feb 5, 2018

Sounds like you have been making some major modifications to the system. I would recommend you do a fresh Ubuntu installation from scratch then re-install CUDA / CuDNN / TensorFlow.