No module named 'setuptools.command.build' - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
No module named ‘setuptools.command.build’
post by sidmitra on Apr 6, 2025
I am trying to install evo2 in a GPU instance.
When trying to install evo2, with pip install, I am getting the message
Processing /evo2
Preparing metadata (setup.py) … error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
× python setup.py egg_info did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [6 lines of output]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 2, in
File “”, line 34, in
File “/evo2/setup.py”, line 5, in
from setuptools.command.build import build as _build # use the top-level build command
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘setuptools.command.build’
[end of output]
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: metadata-generation-failed
× Encountered error while generating package metadata.
╰─> See above for output.
note: This is an issue with the package mentioned above, not pip.
hint: See above for details.
I ran
!apt-get install python3-setuptools
that did not help
110 views
1 link