Nvidia-docker2 issue - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Nvidia-docker2 issue

post by xuebingwu on Feb 13, 2022

trying to install nvidia-container-toolkit following the instruction here for ubuntu:

Installation Guide

However, at this step: sudo apt-get install -y nvidia-docker2

I got the following error:

Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: ** nvidia-docker2 : Depends: nvidia-container-toolkit (>= 1.8.0-1) but 1.7.0+dfsg-0lambda0.20.04.1 is to be installed** E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Removing lambda stack didn’t help…


post by markd on Mar 4, 2022

If you just want to use docker and do not need to use the old nvidia-docker2, You can follow the tutorial on:

sudo apt-get install -y docker.io nvidia-container-toolkit sudo systemctl daemon-reload sudo systemctl restart docker sudo docker run --gpus all -it --rm nvcr.io/nvidia/pytorch:21.06-py3 nvidia-smi

I will see if I can get nvidia-docker2 working, I was able to get it to install and have the file /usr/bin/nvidia-container-runtime at the same time as having docker (like the tutorial) function at the same time. However, I just did that tonight and I have to test the ‘nvidia-docker2’ being functional.

Mark