Other Linux Distributions - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Other Linux Distributions

post by divoxx on Feb 16, 2023

I’m considering buying this laptop for software development (not ML) and I’m wondering if the hardware is fully supported by the standard Linux kernel and drivers available in standard distributions, or if there are any lambda specific drivers that comes pre-installed that are required for any hardware to work?

I plan on running Gentoo Linux on it, dual booting windows, but given the price tag I just want to be sure there won’t be any gotchas when trying to run a different Linux distribution instead of the pre-installed Ubuntu.

Thanks!

post by cody_b on Feb 16, 2023

The Tensorbook doesn’t need any special drivers.

Any modern Linux distro will run on the Tensorbook.

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Ubuntu desktop unable to load after a fresh linux install on the Tensorbook 1 1.5k Aug 2018
How do you boot straight to Linux (Ubuntu) 1 952 May 2023
Windows driver for TensorBook 2022 0 672 Aug 2023
TensorBook experiences 2 7.8k Mar 2020
Lambda Tensorbook running extreamly slow with Ubuntu 2022 or 2023 10 1.5k Nov 2023