Running Nvidia NSight - permissions issue - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Running Nvidia NSight - permissions issue

post by Dominic on Dec 18, 2024

Hi

I have been happily making and running CUDA kernels but when I try and use the NVidia NSight app then I run into

==ERROR== ERR_NVGPUCTRPERM - The user does not have permission to access NVIDIA GPU Performance Counters on the target device 0. For instructions on enabling permissions and to get more information see https://developer.nvidia.com/ERR_NVGPUCTRPERM

When I go to the Nvidia site I see advice that culminates with … “and restart the instance”. While I’ve done this many time in the past on other systems I’m worried I’ll loose the instance or it’ll be detached in some way or some other reason while I end up with an enormous bill etc etc …,…

I have got the CLI ncu to work under sudo but would like to run the app.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Dominic

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Nvidia Profiling support 1 346 Oct 2025
Started getting TensorFlow profiler error after CUDA update 2 5.3k Feb 2021
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running 0 2.1k Nov 2019
Upgrade cloud GPU driver version 2 1.8k Aug 2020
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver 6 71.4k Apr 2020