Second screen HDMI freeze - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Second screen HDMI freeze
post by vankhoa21991 on Jan 21, 2022
Hello, I face issue with the graphic since the last few days, at first I can not enter the login screen, then I updated all things possible with recovery mode, now I can restart normally. However, the second screen with HDMI is frozen, it does not show anything but my mouse moving.
I doubt this issue is with the package libnvidia-compute-470 470.86-0ubuntu0.20.04.2. How can I downgrade it to 0.20.04.1?
Thanks
post by markd on Jan 29, 2022
That is not using the Lambda Stack version. That is using the Ubuntu version. I would suggest switch to the Lambda stack.
LAMBDA_REPO=$(mktemp) &&
wget -O${LAMBDA_REPO} https://lambdalabs.com/static/misc/lambda-stack-repo.deb &&
sudo dpkg -i ${LAMBDA_REPO} && rm -f ${LAMBDA_REPO} &&
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y lambda-stack-cuda
Then you would want to confirm, check for errors. And if all is alright, then reboot.
Also confirm you do not have the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bad
mark