Sound Card Issues with Software Updates - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Sound Card Issues with Software Updates
post by cwright on Aug 27, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I have been having some issues with sound on my Tensorbook and think I have traced the issue to Nvidia Driver updates. The problems started about 3 months ago when the A2DP option quit working for all of my Bluetooth headphones. The sound only worked in mono/stereo. I tried everything I can find on every linux/nvidia/stackoverflow forum with no success. Yesterday I updated to Nvidia - 470 drivers and I have no sound at all for my headphones, and the sound from the computer speakers has so much static and echo that it's impossible to understand what is coming out. Anyone else having this issue? The only thing I think I have left to do is buy a new sound card.
Edit: After writing this, I found this link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshootingProcedure on the lambda stack forum and it completely fixed the problem…
1.3k views
1 link
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Tensorbook bionic - No sound | 5 | 3.0k | Sep 2019 |
| Tensorbook - Ubuntu 18 No sound | 6 | 4.3k | Oct 2019 |
| Lambda TensorBook: No Sound | 2 | 3.3k | Oct 2019 |
| Seond Nvidia GPU stopped detecting | 0 | 1.2k | May 2021 |
| Black screen after upgrade Nvidia driver | 3 | 2.2k | Sep 2020 |