SSH into lamda issue - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
SSH into lamda issue
post by mikeramsey on Mar 23, 2021
Hi there:
I have a problem when I SSH into our lambda machine. I SSH into it just fine, but for some reason I am unable to ping my current machine from the lambda machine. From lambda I can ping outside sites just fine, just not my laptop where the session originated. This looks like a configuration on lambda, so what do I need to configure on the lambda machine that would allow this to work?
Thanks,
Mike
post by cmura on Mar 27, 2021
We’re seeing this SSH-related problem too with a Lambda Blade server – or, rather, something very similar (ssh works for a bit after reboot, say for 10-15 minutes, then one can no longer ssh into the Lambda machine). I haven’t thoroughly checked the logs yet, but next plan is to go snooping around in /var/log (also PAM? maybe something at that level?). Finally, one last thought: from the SSH client side, one can try debugging by increasing the verbosity (the “-v” switch) when you issue the command, something like “$ ssh -v where.ever”, or “ -vvv” for full verbosity and two “v” for intermediate).
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Lambda Quad: Network Failure after reboot | 1 | 1.1k | Jun 2022 |
| Ssh port blocked | 2 | 615 | Sep 2023 |
| SSH connection is stuck | 1 | 117 | Jan 2025 |
| Unable ssh via laptop but can ssh via other server and connect to the Jupyter via browser | 1 | 233 | Oct 2025 |
| RDP issues- Windows to Lambda Workstation (Ubuntu) | 1 | 1.7k | Oct 2021 |