Strange pip behavior - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Strange pip behavior
post by ThibaultSau on Apr 17, 2025
Hello, I’ve recently started using lamda server and for the most part it is great but I have problems using pip and virtualenvs.
pip install -r requirements.txt is broken, and so is using it through pip-tools.
For example on this repo (GitHub - GaParmar/img2img-turbo) on a fresh virtualenv after cloning, pip install -r requirements.txt generate an error : ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement einops>=0.6.1 (from versions: none)
Installing this package manually with pip install ‘einops>=0.6.1’ however works.
Resuming the pip install -r … yields an error on the next package (in this case open-clip-torch), but I can install it manually.
I’ve had this behavior on several different repositories, including my own that I’m developing, using pip-tools. It can be somehow bypassed by installing each packages in the requirements.txt file manually but that just ignores the underlying issue.
And lastly, when trying to install platipy (GitHub - pyplati/platipy) I’ve been unable to bypass this issue because I’m simply not able to install vtk, whether I specify a version or not. I’ve checked on other machines and pip install vtk works as intended.
I do not believe the issue comes from me breaking a dependency somehow as I’ve made sure to only use venvs and done very limited setup on the server and I encountered this issue very early on.
Thank you
72 views