Stuck at Postfix Configuration during Lambda Stack install - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Stuck at Postfix Configuration during Lambda Stack install

Dear Lambda folks & community,

As part of the installation process and ancient error appears when the in-terminal dialog for “Postfix Configuration” describing mail server configuration type (?!?) options is not responsive to keyboard input. Arrows get typed as ^[[B, etc and nothing happens on Tab or Enter. There is no way to select an option or the Ok “button”. This error is more than 15-years old and Tab+Enter has worked for some, but not for me.
This is an absolutely silly error that is nevertheless blocking me because I need the Stack to use my GPUs. I have a fairly old QUAD workstation with 4x Titan V, and I just did a clean install of Ubuntu 24.04.
I don’t want to kill the installation process because I have had lasting problems before from interrupted installs and inconsistent states.
Please, advise!
76 views

post by ivogeorg on Mar 4, 2025

Adding I_AGREE_TO_THE_CUDNN_LICENSE=1 to the top of the installation script does it.

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Lamba Stack installation issue 1 116 Mar 2025
Lambda Stack install failed: dpkg: error processing package nvidia-driver-535 (–configure): 1 1.1k Feb 2024
Stuck at “Configuring libcudnn7” - can’t accept the license (resolved) 3 4.3k Nov 2019
Lambda Stack seems to be wiped out after Ubuntu update 11 4.3k Mar 2024
Lambda Stack installation 1 2.3k Aug 2023