Sunsetting Chat == Sunsetting Inference? - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Sunsetting Chat == Sunsetting Inference?

post by walter on Sep 1, 2025

“Lambda Chat has been sunsetted.

Service will continue through September 25th.”

Will Lambda Inference continue after September 25?

post by mpapili on Sep 2, 2025

I have the same question.

The email I received mentions that this includes the “chat API” - was there a separate API for the chat app or will this include the Inference API?

I would be quite sad if Lambda’s inference API shuts down. The reliability of the throughput is something I can’t find on other OpenRouter offerings.

post by hayden on Sep 2, 2025

Hello,

Lambda Chat and Lambda Inference / Inference API will be sunset on September 25th.

We have clarified in our docs page below:

post by dmatic on Sep 4, 2025

Hello,

what happened? How can you just announce that the Inference API will be sunsetted and that’s it?

Where are the details?

This is really frivolous from Lambda.ai team.

post by jmperez on Sep 16, 2025

WTF. We’ve spent all summer building a service which relies on your service. Now you are closing it, and you give us half a month in advance, with no other solution than “hire an instance”.

You know why I (and I guess many others) moved from AWS here, right? Exactly for not having to run and operate a damn full system just to get some inference at reasonable costs!

If we could have bought an instance enough to make it profitable to us, do you think we would be using the inference API in the first place?!

I think this is so unprofessional. I get that business is first, but your customers are part of it. If you foresee you cannot effectively run a service, you notify your customers clearly and with time enough for them to move on, if your customers matter to you in the slightest!!

If whatever major force has prevented you from realizing that in advance, at least you should give some context, because seriously, the least I expect from you if you are letting me down is to know WHY, not a tiny “The Lambda Inference API will be deprecated on September 25, 2025. If you have any questions, please contact us.” in your sales page. Insert words here.

What do you think I conclude from this? You are not reliable. Not any chance I try to move this to other of your services, not even if I could fit it there.