Tensorbook 2021 replacing nVME - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Tensorbook 2021 replacing nVME
post by aks on Oct 15, 2024
The main nVME file system was badly damaged, somehow, and I may have to replace the SSD.
Which tool would you recommend to check the remaining life on the nVME SSD, if any ?
Where can I find instruction for replacing (Manual, video, etc)?
Do I still have any guaranty ? (Bought jun 2022)
I don’t want to send it back, though.
Thank you in advance for any help.
post by aks on Oct 15, 2024
I checked with smartctl and it still has 100% spare and only 4% usage. No error logged.
So, I don’t know what caused massive file system problem (swap? gone, logs gone and so on).
I copied recovery iso on USB HDD with Ventoy, and installed 22.04 on the 2nd nVME SSD, which is like new.