Tensorbook bionic - No sound - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Tensorbook bionic - No sound
post by rbkumar on Sep 3, 2019
On a fresh install of tensorbook with Ubuntu 18.04, I have no sound.
I have tried a number of ‘solutions’ suggested online - no luck. (for example: How to Resolve no sound problem on Ubuntu 22.04)
I looked around in the discussion groups here for a solution.
The closest I could find was a reference to a 17.10 but there is nothing for 18.04.
Could someone at lambda labs, please point to a bionic version of this driver so I can try it?
Unfortunately, there is no entry here for a successful build for bionic: Packages in “ALSA daily build snapshots” : ALSA daily build snapshots : “Ubuntu Audio Development Team” team
post by lvapeab on Sep 5, 2019
I had the same problem. I was able to solve it (after a lot of fight) following the steps 1 to 4 from here: SoundTroubleshootingProcedure - Community Help Wiki
Now it works fine.
Good luck!
post by rbkumar on Sep 5, 2019
I have actually gone through that earlier as well, but no luck.
The only thing I changed in the instructions is to adapt to 18.04.
Did you get it to work on 18.04?
post by rbkumar on Sep 5, 2019
Ok, decided to start from scratch. Reinstalled the Ubuntu 18.04. Sound works before I install Nvidia drivers. But immediately after Nvidia drivers, there is no sound.
To reproduce:
- Do a stock install of Ubuntu 18.04
- Validate sound is working
- Then install nvidia-driver
ubuntu-drivers devicessudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstallsudo rebootnvidia-smi(Driver 430.26 installed and working correctly)- Test sound - Failure (No sound on speaker and headphones)
- install and run pavucontrol to ensure there is Built-in Analog Stereo. Yes
- run alsamixer and ensure all volumes are turned up
- test again. Still no sound.
Any help/pointers appreciated.
post by rbkumar on Sep 5, 2019
Ok, after the Nvidia driver install and reboot, sound wasn’t working.
But I repeated another which I had done just before the driver install:
apt update && apt upgrade
And now sound is back!
Unfortunately, I dismissed the terminal window, so didn’t pay attention to what package got upgraded … sorry.
Sharing just in case anyone else has a similar issue.
post by rbkumar on Sep 16, 2019
I once again have no sound. So, I tried dmesg and saw
snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0: Unable to sync register 0x2b8000.
Here is the full output.
(base) ravi@ravi-tb:~$ dmesg | grep -C1 -E 'ALSA|HDA|HDMI|snd[_-]|sound|hda.codec|hda.intel'