Tensorbook frozen after locking - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Tensorbook frozen after locking

post by escanillans on May 2, 2020

Hi,

I recently purchased a Tensorbook around a week ago. It’s been great to use and I’ve been able to get a virtual environment set up for my deep learning tasks.

However, there are times where if I leave the laptop locked overnight and open it the next day, the mouse and keyboard are both frozen leaving me with my only option of doing a hard restart (holding the power button). I don’t think this is normal and was wondering if someone could help me. Thanks.

Best,

Niko

post by Johann on May 16, 2020

Is it Ubuntu or Windows? I’ve had issues like that with Windows in the past, but not with Ubuntu.

I suggest updating your drivers if it’s Windows, and take a look at the Power Saving settings.

post by escanillans on May 16, 2020

Thanks @Johann. Unfortunately it’s on Ubuntu. Is there anything in the Power Saving settings I should be looking at? It seems to be working right now but very spotty with whether or not it’ll freeze.

post by Johann on May 29, 2020

Hey Escanillans,

Sorry for the very late reply I don’t check here often. Unfortunately I don’t know Linux that well, so can’t be of assistance, but I have a 2018 Tensorbook with Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and have not had that problem.

When looking at my power settings, I don’t see anything specific that might help you.

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Tensorbook Mouse/Display Freezes 0 60 Aug 2024
Reinstall ubuntu to fix freeze issues on tensorbook 1 1.7k Oct 2022
Experiencing some technical issues with my new TensorBook 6 3.9k Mar 2019
Tensorbook - Unable to Boot 0 1.4k Mar 2022
New lambda tensorbook boots to black screen in Ubuntu and hangs; boots fine to Windows 8 4.0k Jul 2021