Threadripper Workstation: GPU fan control - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Threadripper Workstation: GPU fan control
Good day,
I am trying to set the 4x A4000 GPU fans to 95% for a task. I have attempted to do this in the Nvidia X Server Settings (and via CLI as well). I keep getting a “failed to set new fan speed”. Is there a Lambda recommended way to set the GPU fan speeds to a constant percentage? Thank you in advance!
PS. I’ve already reviewed and tried the options on this page: Workstation fan control - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Reply from markd on Sep 28, 2022
The other document was for the motherboard/Chassis fans.
(Each motherboard/BIOS is a bit different)
The NVIDIA “CLI” requires desktop software installed also.
To set to Adaptive:
sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus
sudo nvidia-xconfig --cool-bits=4
sudo nvidia-settings -a GPUPowerMizerMode=0
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
To set to Max performance:
sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus
sudo nvidia-xconfig --cool-bits=4
sudo nvidia-settings -a GPUPowerMizerMode=2
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
If your GUI fails to come up you may need to login and remove the xorg.conf:
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf