Unable to connect lambda instance to MSTY - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Unable to connect lambda instance to MSTY

post by yashatre.code on Mar 1, 2025

Hi All,

I apologise for being silly, but I am new to this, so please bear with me. I have started a lamma server in the Lambda instance and I am trying to connect it using MSTY remote model provider option ( Onboarding - Msty Docs).

However, it is failing to connect to the machine. I am using the IP address of the Lambda instance.

I am not sure if this is even possible. Could someone please help me out here?

post by Calvin on Mar 6, 2025

Hi,

Checking further into this, I had trouble finding concrete information if MSTY requires a graphical interface.

Digging deeper, while I can’t confirm for sure, it does appear that MSTY requires a graphical.

Our cloud instances come with Ubuntu Server, not Ubuntu Desktop, which comes with the graphical by default.

While you can attempt to install and configure a graphical, like xrdp, Lambda doesn’t support this as it can cause issues with our cloud instances.