Unable to enter desktop - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Unable to enter desktop

post by ahbon on Jun 7, 2019

Hello,

I have removed nvidia drivers with sudo apt-get remove nvidia-* and now I can’t enter desktop, I also get "A start job is running for Hold until boot process finishes up(time/no limit)", someone can help me without re-install Ubuntu? Thanks.

post by leonnowsden on Jun 12, 2019

reinstall the nvidia driver and then install the ubuntu desktop again. Remember to do disable nouveau in the bootloader.

Best,

Leon

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Oh no! Something has gone wrong. Issue 0 431 Sep 2023
Unable to boot into AI Desktop workstations 1 100 Jan 2025
Ubuntu desktop unable to load after a fresh linux install on the Tensorbook 1 1.5k Aug 2018
Lambda Quad: Login loop. I can’t log in, but I’m entering correct password 8 6.7k Jan 2018
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running 0 2.1k Nov 2019