Update CUDA on Lambda Cloud - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Update CUDA on Lambda Cloud
post by ilazarevsky on Mar 15, 2020
Hello!
I rarely need multiple GPUs, so Lambda Cloud offer seems very good. But there’s old pytorch (0.41) and Cuda (9.x). While I can build my python environment fast, updating cuda to 10.1 seems complicated (a lot of package errors, in the end only one GPU was visible). Is there a fast way to do it, like bash script, and are there any plans to update cloud instances?
post by tinydav on Jun 3, 2020
I can’t even figure out how to install the latest nvidia drivers. I have enabled the graphics-drivers PPA for xenial, but for some reason, the nvidia-graphics-drivers-### packages don’t show up in apt / aptitude.
I guess you need to download the installer from Nvidia?
post by terminalkitten on Aug 18, 2020
I’ve updated my cloud instance by the following steps:
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Lambda Stack CUDA and Nvidia drivers | 8 | 3.4k | Mar 2024 |
| How to install CUDA 11? | 7 | 2.8k | Feb 2024 |
| Can not keep pace with Pytorch | 2 | 2.1k | Mar 2022 |
| Dist-upgrade does not upgrade to Cuda 11.1 | 3 | 2.9k | May 2022 |
| Updating cudatoolkit to 10.1 | 7 | 6.9k | Jan 2021 |