Version change in lambda cloud errors - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Version change in lambda cloud errors

post by KyleMeyers on Mar 2, 2025

I’m trying to upgrade the version on my Jupyter notebook to 3.12 just like the docs say:

sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y install python3.12-full

But I get an error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libpython3.12-testsuite : Depends: python3.12 (>= 3.12.9-1+jammy1) but 3.12.8-1+jammy1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I found a reddit thread where they seemed to solve the same issue, but they went through the files (/etc/apt/sources.list.d/deadsnakes-ubuntu-ppa-jammy.list) which I cannot seem to do on here.

What do I do?

post by Calvin on Mar 6, 2025

Hi Kyle,

Just to be sure, you read the warning at the top of the doc you linked?

Upgrading Python, that is, replacing the preinstalled Python version with a newer version, will break your instance.

Instead of upgrading Python, you should install your desired version of Python alongside the preinstalled version, and use your desired version in a virtual environment.

If you are, and you’re attempting this via a Python venv, I’d recommend opening a ticket with us, here, so we can better assist you.