Why lambda stack not install tensorflow-gpu? - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Why lambda stack not install tensorflow-gpu?
post by baxmay on Jan 22, 2019
after install lambda stack I tried to check which python package install by using
pip list
pip3 list
but I found that there is no tensorflow-gpu install only tensorflow (1.12.0) and tensorflow-serving-api (1.12.0) are present.
Also, when training the model it seems to use gpu not cpu.
so I need to know that is tensorflow-serving-api equivalent to tensorflow-gpu or not ? also do I need to install tensorflow-gpu ?
post by sabalaba on Jan 23, 2019
Lambda stack uses apt to install the packages, so they’re not going to show up on the pip/pip3 list.
post by Pablongo on Jun 15, 2019
Did you solve this issue? My models are also training on CPU, not GPU. Tensorflow does not recognize the GPU from Jupyter or console.
I created an environment from lambda stack following the instructions in this forum. Pip list does show tensorflow-gpu in the virtual environment.