All - Activity - Adrian_Keister - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Adrian Keister
Connection Failed
Date: Nov 12, 2018
Great, thanks! I’ll look forward to your reply.
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 12, 2018
The libnppig9.0 was just the same issue in my other thread. Kept at it for long enough, and it connected ok and installed the package.
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 9, 2018
An update: I was able to install flawlessly on Xubuntu 18.04. Nice!
Connection Failed
Date: Nov 9, 2018
Update: Kept trying, and eventually it succeeded. Perhaps the server needs better uptime?
Connection Failed
Date: Nov 8, 2018
Trying to install the stack on Ubuntu 18.04 using the usual script. I’m consistently getting this error:
Err:1 http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 libnppig9.0 amd64 9.0.176.2-3
Connection failed [IP: 52.218.204.43 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu/pool...
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 7, 2018
All right: got the install to (mostly) work in straight Ubuntu 18.04. I still have one error, though. It can’t install the libnppig9.0 package. Is that a typo? I’ve seen the libnpng package. Is that what was intended? In that case, maybe the install script needs that corrected?
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 6, 2018
Well, it didn’t work in base Ubuntu, either - a fresh install inside a VirtualBox VM. Beginning to wonder if there isn’t a step missing, such as adding a repo to the sources list.
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 6, 2018
It didn’t work. Some repo wasn’t enabled. Gonna try it in base Ubuntu now.
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 6, 2018
I see. I’m curious if Xubuntu would work. Maybe I’ll spin up a VM and try it out.
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Nov 6, 2018
Nice! One clarifying question: was that Xubuntu? Or was it Ubuntu with Xfce installed on top of it? Thanks for your input!
Trying to Install on Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia"
Date: Nov 1, 2018
I realize that installing the Lambda Stack on Linux Mint is not technically supported. But as Mint 18.3 is based on Ubuntu 16.04, and 16.04 is Lambda Stack-compatible, I was hoping it would work. I’m getting an error on the sudo apt update part of the install:
E: The repository 'http://archive.lamb...
Using the Stack on Other OS's
Date: Oct 31, 2018
I’m just going to come right out and say it: I despise GNOME. It’s slow as all get-out because it’s too resource-heavy. Even KDE is faster now. My favorite desktop environment for Linux is Xfce, hands-down. It offers the best balance between speed and application compatibility. So my favorite distro…