Replies - Activity - Adrian_Keister - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Connection Failed

Great, thanks! I’ll look forward to your reply.

Using the Stack on Other OS's

The libnppig9.0 was just the same issue in my other thread. Kept at it for long enough, and it connected ok and installed the package.

Using the Stack on Other OS's

An update: I was able to install flawlessly on Xubuntu 18.04. Nice!

Connection Failed

Update: Kept trying, and eventually it succeeded. Perhaps the server needs better uptime?

Using the Stack on Other OS's

All right: got the install to (mostly) work in straight Ubuntu 18.04. I still have one error, though. It can’t install the libnppig9.0 package. Is that a typo? I’ve seen the libnpng package. Is that what was intended? In that case, maybe the install script needs that corrected?

Using the Stack on Other OS's

Well, it didn’t work in base Ubuntu, either - a fresh install inside a VirtualBox VM. Beginning to wonder if there isn’t a step missing, such as adding a repo to the sources list.

Using the Stack on Other OS's

It didn’t work. Some repo wasn’t enabled. Gonna try it in base Ubuntu now.

Using the Stack on Other OS's

I see. I’m curious if Xubuntu would work. Maybe I’ll spin up a VM and try it out.

Using the Stack on Other OS's

Nice! One clarifying question: was that Xubuntu? Or was it Ubuntu with Xfce installed on top of it? Thanks for your input!