Replies - Activity - fkx - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Adding Windows to Tensor Book
You can buy windows anytime you want. Installing a dual boot adding Windows to an Ubuntu as initial OS may require some research. It’s something on my to-do list, so I’ll add references as I get them. Here’s what I have so far:
How to install Windows after installing Ubuntu
New lambda TensorBook boots to black screen in Ubuntu and hangs; boots fine to Windows
Does the Windows OS boot OK? Is it just the Ubuntu? What did you do prior? Any Ubuntu update to the problematic 20.04 or .10? Any other clues?
System does not start
Where’s this image located?
Lambda stack for new Ubuntu 21.04 (hirsute hippo)
I’m just a user but I’m going to chime in. This challenge lives at the heart of the concept of the lambda stack. We would benefit from a deterministic list of instructions on how to build a system, say TensorBook from scratch to serve as the basis for tests and experiments we can recover from.
Credit card declined for people living in France
Can you detail the nature of the error? Exact message? Did his card get any sort of authorization attempt? If not, the issue may be with Lambda’s payment processor, and attention should be paid there. Please note: I am not with Lambda, just a curious end user trying to share my experiences.
4x 1080 Ti - #3 always red-lighting shortly after restart
My next move would be a "slot swap" to isolate the issue to either the board or the slot and its connectors and cables. That is, move the problem board to the first slot and vice versa. Leave any cables with the slot. See if the problem travels with the board or stays with the slot and its connectors.
New to Ubuntu- IDE
Well, I like Visual Studio Code a lot and use it with the lambda stack on my new shiny TensorBook for C++, Python, and Julia based development. Some Python enthusiasts like PyCharm for Python dev. Then there is always TextEditor and VIM. No need to configure it specially; it’s just the OS environment.
4x 1080 Ti - #3 always red-lighting shortly after restart
Sounds to me you are on the hairy edge, but what do I know? Fluctuations in external power from your utility (frequency and voltage) may be pushing you over the edge. Maybe look into a UPS?
Credit card declined for people living in France
In my experience, the credit card issuer decides if they are supporting international charges. Call them to find out.
4x 1080 Ti - #3 always red-lighting shortly after restart
Your list sounds like the right approach. Wondering why you haven’t done steps 2 and/or 3.
PS - did it ever work? 4 cards may be pushing the power supply.
TensorBook BIOS updates
Do we even want to do that?! 😁
Trying to find TF version and getting "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1..."
Ok, what is lightdm and why does it work, and why isn’t it installed? (just curious)
Accessing Lambda Stack on Tensor Book
New user here just like you, got my TensorBook last week. I’ve been using Nvidia Jetson systems with Ubuntu 18.04, so I had some familiarity with Ubuntu and a number of apps (VSCode, Python 3, Julia, etc). Initially, I was a little puzzled about where this “lambda stack thing” is.