All - Activity - ivogeorg - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Stuck at Postfix Configuration during Lambda Stack install
Mar 4, 2025
Adding I_AGREE_TO_THE_CUDNN_LICENSE=1 to the top of the installation script does it.
Stuck at Postfix Configuration during Lambda Stack install
Mar 3, 2025
Dear Lambda folks & community,
As part of the installation process, an ancient error appears when the in-terminal dialog for "Postfix Configuration" describing mail server configuration type options is not responsive to keyboard input. Arrows get typed as ^[B, etc. and nothing happens on Tab.
Is Lambda Stack free for use on non-LambdaLabs computers
Nov 23, 2024
Hi there,
It’s not quite clear what the terms of using Lambda Stack on computers not purchased from Lambda Labs. I have my personal Quad workstation from Lambda Labs so this question hasn’t arisen for me before, but now I am asking on behalf of a startup I have joined.
Quad workstation won't boot after long disuse
Feb 20, 2022
Hi there guys,
I was abroad for many months and my QUAD no longer boots. I checked if the UPS had a problem by bypassing it but no. I opened the box to clean it, but that did fix anything. It’s just a dark screen. Only once did it get to setup, but I didn’t have a procedure to follow and exited.
Lambda Stack seems to be wiped out after Ubuntu update
Jul 5, 2021
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. The commands did nothing for me. It looks like the stack was re-installed, but nvidia-smi is not found:
ivogeorg@turnaround:~$ sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/{graphics,nvidia,cuda}*;
COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l |
awk '/cuda|lib(accinj64|cu(blas|dart|dnn|fft|inj|pti...'
Getting unhandled cuda error when trying to use TF distributed strategy for training on 4 GPUs
Jun 11, 2020
After fixing this other error which was blocking replication of this one, this error has also gone away. It is possible that the software updates shown in the other error description were the solution.
Solved
The following worked for me (thanks, Jeremy@Lambda):
In file /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-common-kernel.conf, opened with sudo, writeoptions nvidia "NVreg_RestrictProfilingToAdminUsers=0"
Run the command
sudo update-initramfs -u -k all
Reboot.
Brief
Attempted to run distributed training on all 4 GPUs for the first time, using TF’s simple MirroredStrategy (which uses NCCL all-reduce). Errors cascade down from CUPTI_ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGES. This is a brand new problem after the Ubuntu Updater updated some NVIDIA AMD packages today.
How and where to add a missing library for Caffe2
Jul 25, 2018
Hi guys,
How is Caffe2 installed as part of Lambda Stack, and how can I administer the installation (and the stack installations in general)? I get the following when I try to run a test for FB’s Detectron, for which I did all the installation steps except the Caffe2 part.