Likes - Activity - Izzahmu - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
NVIDIA driver not loaded after GCC upgrade
We have a Lambda Labs workstation running on 18.04.6 LTS (Bionic Beaver), the NVIDIA driver stopped loading after a user upgraded GCC few days ago. I have tried to uninstall and reinstalled the Lambda Stack for deep learning that is supposed to covered the NVIDIA drivers with all the deep learning …
Pytorch and conda on Lambda Workstation RTX 3090
Thanks so much! I don’t know if this is too much to look at, but here is a bit of an interactive session I had just now trying some of the above commands. I find that in my newly fabricated conda environment I don’t have access to the GPU. Same thing in system Python3. Only in Python2 do I have access to the GPU.
cuDNN Install w/ Lambda Stack
cuDNN is installed for pytorch and tensorflow. Both are very specific and require to be built with a version of CUDA and cuDNN. So they are installed with the given pytorch and tensorflow. cuDNN.h is a C/C++ code requirement and the C development headers are not installed with Lambda stack.
Upgrade graphics cards
As Cody mentioned. The considerations you need to make are:
- Power - it depends on how many GPUs and how much power you may need.
- 4x 2080’s is about 1000 Watts (250 Watts each)
- 4x 3090’s is about 1400 Watts (350 Watts each) + spikes above
- Cooling/Thermal - this is probably fine, but m…
Adding more RAM to workstation
There are a number of things to consider when upgrading:
- It is best to use the same memory.
- You need to fill in specific slots on some motherboards (shown in the manual for a given motherboard).
- You have to take into account cooling/temperature.