All - Activity - JayUrbain - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

IT Justification

Really easy. Go to GCP or AWS. Find out the type of GPU compute instance you need. Remember, the TensorBook has 64G of memory. For me, it’s about $400/month and I run models constantly. My Lambda laptop cost ~$4,000. So the payback in this case is ~10 months. There’s a bigger benefit. With the Lam…

Lambda Tensorbook - Unable to recognize GPU with PyTorch

Feb 26, 2022

ubuntu desktop

Reinstalling the Lambda stack did not help. But thanks, I really appreciate your help. Should I reinstall the nVidia drivers? Seems like something is out of sync. Thanks.

Command Output

No. I get the following. I have not tried changing the installation. Command ‘nvidia-smi’ not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install nvidia-utils-435 # version 435.21-0ubuntu7, or
sudo apt install nvidia-utils-440 # version 440.82+really.440.64-0ubuntu6

Note

I have also upgraded the system:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

And still no GPU.

Description of the Issue

I’m unable to recognize the GPU when installing PyTorch. Initially, I could recognize the GPU by rebooting, but that no longer works. I have followed the instructions at this post to create a Conda environment and install PyTorch with GPU support:

conda create -n pytorch-gpu python=3.8