Likes - Activity - markd - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

How to install CUDA 11?

Overview

Thank you very much for the explanation. My confusion. Thanks!

Frequent segmentation faults

Thanks @markd. The first two commands show nothing, but I’m wondering how long such error information sticks around. I will set up a memtest86 drive & try that at my next boot opportunity.

Running dev environments and ML tasks in Lambda via dstack

Hey, everyone! At dstack, we’ve just released a new update that adds initial support for Lambda Cloud. This update combines the best of two worlds: the easiest way to run ML workloads and the cheapest cloud GPU provider. In case you’re interested in running dev environments and ML tasks in Lambda, …

Update to CUDA 11.3

I think this solves it.

GPU instance not booting

Thanks. Looks like it’s working now.

Low Disk Space on filesystem.root

Thank you, Mark. The problem turned out to be in the /var/log syslog file. I had screen sharing enabled, which resulted in many attacks on my system from outside agents. The attacks were unsuccessful, but each attempt was logged in syslog. I cleared syslog to zero and disabled screen sharing – problem resolved.

Ubuntu 22.04 support timeline

Thanks a lot for posting this, I’ve just done the same and found the same. I was forced to upgrade; import torchvision started throwing some C++11 incompatibilities. Luckily the upgrade was very smooth, although there were some X11 permission denied messages obscuring the option choices. I’m still left with a dud…

How to get PyTorch to recognize GPUs when using Anaconda

There is no need to downgrade.

Instructions

  1. Create a new environment: conda create -n pytorch python=3.8
  2. Activate the environment: conda activate pytorch
  3. Install PyTorch as in docs: conda install pytorch torchvision torchaudio cudatoolkit=11.3 -c pytorch

Lambda Stack seems to be wiped out after Ubuntu update

This worked for me for Ubuntu 20.10.

Hello, Mark

I responded to this in your other thread Reinstalling operative system - Technical Help - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community. However, the gist is that we do not support 21.10, so while some or all of Lambda Stack might still work, we won’t be able to assist if you encounter any issues. Regar…

TensorFlow error tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.NotFoundError....libtfkernel_sobol_op.so:

Solved by removing Lambda stack and reinstalling it. Somehow TensorFlow seems to have been installed by pip at some point…

Potential Lambda Stack bugs

There’s always a chance that something other than Lambda Stack was causing the issue. I also installed pipenv, so maybe that caused some kind of conflict? Actually, I ended up having another issue with my Lambda stack installation. Normally when I run a python script that uses TensorFlow, I see an overall conflict.