All - Activity - rbkumar - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Lambda Quad: No ethernet after force reboot

Just got off the phone with Gerome (Jerome?) @ Lambda Labs support. He had me pop the cmos battery from the motherboard, powercycle for 30 secs and voila, the network cards are back to life! Fantastic! Thanks a bunch Gerome! Here is the output showing the interfaces once again! enp2s0f0 / enp2s0…

Tensorbook bionic - No sound

I once again have no sound. So, I tried dmesg and saw

snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC0D0: Unable to sync register 0x2b8000.

Here is the full output. Any pointers?

(base) ravi@ravi-tb:~$ dmesg | grep -C1 -E 'ALSA|HDA|HDMI|snd[\_\-]|sound|hda.codec|hda.intel'

ACPI: Added

[ 0.243617] ACPI: Added _OSI(Linux-Dell Video)
[ 0.243617] ACPI: Added _OSI(Linux-Lenovo NV HDMI Audio)

Tensorbook bionic - No sound (September 5, 2019)

Ok, after the nvidia-driver install and reboot, sound wasn’t working. But I repeated another which I had done just before the driver install:

apt update && apt upgrade

And now sound is back! Unfortunately, I dismissed the terminal window, so didn’t pay attention to what package got upgraded…

Tensorbook bionic - No sound (September 5, 2019)

Ok, decided to start from scratch. Reinstalled the Ubuntu 18.04. Sound works before I install nvidia-drivers. But immediately after nvidia-drivers there is no sound. To reproduce:

  1. Do a stock install of ubuntu 18.04
  2. Validate sound is working
  3. Then install nvidia-driver
ubuntu-drivers devices
sudo ubuntu-drivers install

Tensorbook bionic - No sound (September 3, 2019)

On a fresh install of tensorbook with Ubuntu 18.04, I have no sound. I have tried a number of ‘solutions’ suggested online - no luck. (for example: How to Resolve no sound problem on Ubuntu 22.04) I looked around in the discussion groups here for a solution.