All - Activity - rhuddleston - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Upgrading Quad w/ 4x 1080Ti to 2x 3080 Ti - how much pain?
Is the Sales team drastically underwater or something? I got one reply almost immediately, apologizing for not sending me the system I bought in 2018, thanking me for my patience, and saying I’d have it in two weeks. (???)
I replied back explaining that I already have that system, restating that …
Thanks very much, Calvin. I’ve written Sales with a copy of my Invoice including Invoice ID.
Fingers crossed!
Richard
You don’t happen to sell the 3080 Ti for upgrading your Lambda Quads, by any chance. Predatory pricing out on the open market.
Awesome - thank you, Calvin. Excellent.
Are there any support docs or references for what I’ll need to do to get everything working?
I imagine I’ll be upgrading the OS (18.04 LTS) and rebuilding the Stack.
Issue with PyTorch dependency
Can you find the library anywhere on your system?
1080Ti on 18.04 LTS - should I upgrade GPU?
So I’ve got a 2018 Lambda Quad with 4x 1080Ti in it. Took quite a while to get everything sorted, and now it just works - mainly use PyTorch. DL / anomaly detection use cases.
I like the RTX 3090, but it seems like I might be buying trouble w.r.t. PyTorch. Plus I’m still figuring out if there’s …
4x 1080 Ti - #3 always red-lighting shortly after restart
Good suggestion on the UPS - I bought a very good one just for this system (and network disks that hold the data) and have used it from the very beginning.
I’ve got a fair amount of electronics and use power regulators all over the place. I doubt it’s power. Probably the connector cable 🙂 - whi…
Thanks - yes, it worked - it’s a Lambda-Quad that I bought here with 4x GPUs.
I did the pull-card, reseat cycle a couple of times and it eventually worked. It’s been running all four without issue for five days now. I’m not convinced it’s actually fixed, but if it goes again I’ll pull it. I did …
Quad running 18.04 LTS with 4s 1080 Ti.
Despite multiple board and power reseats, #3 of 4 goes red-light on the right-side shortly after system restart.
Presuming at this point that the board is bad, but maybe are additional troubleshooting steps I can try?
I think my options are: solicit additional help...
"notebook" is not a recognized Jupyter subcommand?
Running 18.04 and the newest Lambda Stack.
Normally I set up conda environments and run everything from there, but this time I thought I’d see what’s available in a Quad from just the unadorned command line. Python3, import for tensorflow and torch all seem fine…let me try to open up a jupyter not…
Stuck at "Configuring libcudnn7" - can't accept the license (resolved)
By sheer luck, I stumbled on Alt-Enter to produce a dialog asking to accept or reject the license agreement.
Lamba Stack install completed and no more incompatibility reported:
Upgrading from 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS - the Ubuntu upgrade seems to have gone without a hitch.
Referencing the info in the “How do I upgrade Lambda Stack from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04?” topic, I then run the bits that start with “LAMBDA_REPO=$(mktemp) …” and I eventually wind up here:
I seem to be stuck on…there’s no evident way to accept the agreement, and “preparing to unpack […] libcudnn7” doesn’t progress.
If I try our old friend ‘nvidia-smi’
Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch.
Anyone using NVIDIA containers from NGC?
I use the NGC containers on a DGX-1 at work. Would be useful to have the same stuff available on my Lambda 4x 1080 Ti.
Anyone doing this? Any trouble with it?
Lambda Quad: Using Anaconda / Docker?
Thank you very much.
ubuntu@lambda-quad:~$ echo $PATH | grep -i cuda
/home/ubuntu/bin:/home/ubuntu/.local/bin:/usr/local/caffe-py3/build/tools:/usr/local/cuda/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
ubuntu@lambda-quad:/usr/local/cuda$
Has anyone experimented or installed either Docker or Anaconda on a Lambda machine? Concerned about not stepping on the installed packages.