Likes - Activity - rhuddleston - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Upgrading Quad w/ 4x 1080Ti to 2x 3080 Ti - how much pain?
Hi Richard, I think your biggest hurdle here will be that the RTX 30XX series needs CUDA 11+, so programs/models you’re training on the 1080Ti’s will likely need some modification given the CUDA versioning changes. Otherwise I don’t see you running into power restraints or space in your chassis as…
I eventually asked the professor in charge of the server to update, and restart the server which resolved my issue. Before that he suggested I post my issue here first.
My next move would be a “slot swap” to isolate the issue to either the board or the slot and its connectors and cables. i.e. Move the problem board to the first slot and vice versa. Leave any cables with the slot. See if the problem travels with the board or stays with the slot and its connectors …