Replies - Activity - rhuddleston - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Upgrading Quad w/ 4x 1080Ti to 2x 3080 Ti - how much pain?
Thread Overview
Created: Nov 5, 2021
Last Activity: Nov 3, 2021
Message 1
Is the Sales team drastically underwater or something? I got one reply almost immediately, apologizing for not sending me the system I bought in 2018, thanking me for my patience, and saying I’d have it in two weeks. (???)
Message 2
Thanks very much, Calvin. I’ve written Sales with a copy of my Invoice including Invoice ID. Fingers crossed!
Richard
Message 3
You don’t happen to sell the 3080 Ti for upgrading your Lambda Quads, by any chance. Predatory pricing out on the open market.
Message 4
Awesome - thank you, Calvin. Excellent.
Other Threads
Issue with PyTorch dependency (May 11, 2021)
Can you find the library anywhere on your system?
4x 1080 Ti - #3 always red-lighting shortly after restart (Apr 18, 2021)
Good suggestion on the UPS - I bought a very good one just for this system (and network disks that hold the data) and have used it from the very beginning. I’ve got a fair amount of electronics and use power regulators all over the place. I doubt it’s power. Probably the connector cable! 😊
4x 1080 Ti - #3 always red-lighting shortly after restart (Apr 16, 2021)
Thanks - yes, it worked - it’s a Lambda-Quad that I bought here with 4x GPUs. I did the pull-card, reseat cycle a couple of times and it eventually worked. It’s been running all four without issue for five days now. I’m not convinced it’s actually fixed, but if it goes again I’ll pull it.
Stuck at "Configuring libcudnn7" - can't accept the license (resolved) (Mar 3, 2019)
By sheer luck, I stumbled on Alt-Enter to produce a dialog asking to accept or reject the license agreement. Lamba Stack install completed and no more incompatibility reported:rh@lambda-quad:~$ nvidia-smi
How do I upgrade Lambda Stack from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04? (Mar 3, 2019)
I seem to be stuck on
…there’s no evident way to accept the agreement, and “preparing to unpack […] libcudnn7” doesn’t progress. If I try our old friend ‘nvidia-smi’rh@lambda-quad:~$ nvidia-smi
Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch
Lambda Quad: Using Anaconda / Docker? (Apr 30, 2018)
Thank you very much.ubuntu@lambda-quad:~$ echo $PATH | grep -i cuda
/home/ubuntu/bin:/home/ubuntu/.local/bin:/usr/local/caffe-py3/build/tools:/usr/local/cuda/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/binubuntu@lambda-quad:/usr/local/cuda$
Lambda Quad: Using Anaconda / Docker? (Apr 29, 2018)
Thanks very much – will have a look straight away.