Replies - Activity - sebastian - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Lambda-Stack Support Discussions
Lambda-Stack does not upgrade to PyTorch v 1.0
I kind of gave up on using the lambda-stack. It’s really out of date right now. Not sure if it is really maintained anymore. I just installed Conda now and then installed the latest version via
conda install pytorch torchvision -c pytorch
Thanks for the update
It would be nice to leave a brief note once it’s in the stack so I don’t have to check manually every day :) Maybe, it would also be nice to list the available software library version of the main DL packages on the Lambda-Stack page so that there’s no confusion among users.
Updated Lambda Stack and now have a PyTorch CuDNN version mismatch Error [resolved]
The backends issue now seems to be resolved. I am still not able to upgrade to PyTorch 1.0 via the lambda-stack though.
Multiple Update Attempts
I have now tried the command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove
multiple times and before and after rebooting the machine, but unfortunately, it still looks like PyTorch is not being updated to 1.0 (it’s still 0.4.1).
Check for Pip Installations
Maybe you’ve installed pytorch via pip? As far as I remember, I haven’t on the machine where I run the lambda-stack (I was very careful not making any changes on that machine after I got it :P)
I tried both:
sudo pip3 uninstall pytorch torchvision and checked for conflicts.
Verification of Installation
Just tried to run the upgrade command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove
After checking, it seems that PyTorch didn’t get updated.
import torch
torch.cuda.is_available()
True
torch.__version__
'0.4.1'
torch.__file__
'/usr/lib/python3/...'
Post-Testing Plans
I haven’t had a chance to test it yet but will try so around Monday – have some multi-day computations running that I am worrying to disrupt by this. I will post here once I was able to check. Thanks!
Issue Clarification
Thanks. I think the issue was that I previously only ran:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
not:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove.
RAM Upgrade for Tensor Book
I am not from the LambdaLabs team, but a general recommendation is to buy the same chip from the same brand. Usually, you can mix brands but have to pay attention that the RAM sticks are the same speed and use the same voltage etc. If you get the same chip from the same brand, it minimizes the risk.