All - Activity - shay9000 - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community
Can't install nvidia-smi
Jan 25, 2023
This was fixed by reinstalling a new recovery linux image (formatting the workstation).
Jan 6, 2023
I commented out lines 57 and 59 of /etc/apt/sources.list
56: ## Lambda Labs software repository
57: #deb [http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu](http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu) focal main
58: # deb-src [http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu](http://archive.lambdalabs.com/ubuntu) focal main
59: #deb [Index of /compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64](http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64/) \>
60: # deb-src [http://…](http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x8)
Jan 4, 2023
WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts. Hit:1 Index of /ubuntu focal InRelease Get:2 Index of /ubuntu focal-updates InRelease [114 kB] Get:3 Index of /ubuntu focal-backports InRelease [108 kB] Hit:4 https://download.sublimetext.com apt/stable/ InRelease …
Jan 4, 2023
Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn’t help.
Jan 2, 2023
I can’t use nvidia-smi
$ nvidia-smi
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.
$ sudo apt-get install -f nvidia-384 libcuda1-384 nvidia-opencl-icd-384
Reading package lists… Done